It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to usaff

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which is pants cause you cant join in. By joining our free forum, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), wind people up, and moan about the refs. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 1st division table
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:41 pm 
Expert

P W D L F A GD Pts
Braehead 15 13 1 1 69 21 48 40
AFC Milton 17 12 1 4 52 40 12 37
Stirling University 16 9 1 6 47 37 10 28
Tullibody Community 15 8 2 5 46 45 1 26
Camelon Albion 13 8 2 3 47 39 8 23
Zetland Ams 16 5 5 6 36 34 2 20
Loganlea United 16 6 2 8 52 55 -3 20
Dunblane Thistle 20 5 5 10 46 58 -12 20
Slamannan 19 6 2 11 44 56 -12 20
Stirling Thistle 18 5 4 9 55 60 -5 16
Redbrae Athletic 15 4 4 7 37 48 -11 16
Stirling Boys Club 18 3 1 14 27 65 -38 10

very tight table only 12 points between the 2nd bottom team and 3rd top lol

nervy last few games what to people think the final positions will be

Report this post

Post subject: Re: 1st division table
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 pm 
Like's a chat

I think

braehead winners
milton 2nd

and 3rd 4th and 5th will be battled out by ourselves camelon and the uni

hopefully top four will get up depending on the structure next year

as for the bottom didnt realise how tight it was if redbrae can string of a couple eh wins they have adv with the games in hand sbc look down and out , no offence cause they gave us a hard game but am sure anything can happen so thats only my thought

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:24 pm 
New Guy

After we play camelon and tbody this week i think the uni will be in a better position to comment!!Havnt exactly held a fortress at home this season, but when your fighting now for 3rd anything can happen!!This time next week i think things will be alot clearer!Just my view!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 pm 
Very Regular

:lol: Ive said this before,
really competitive league and im sure it will go down to the wire for promotion and relegation.
Think Braehead will just keep wining and still a fight for second involving 4 teams.

Good luck to everyone, unless your playing us! :lol:

AFC Milton

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:34 pm 
Veteran

Looks interesting. Whoever holds their nerve will land the spoils. We have a few games in hand, but that means nothing if we don't win them. Like milton said, this could go right to the wire and wouldnt like to comment this early. Still, good to be in this position so late in the season, and sure the guys are up for the tussle. Still a few twists and turns to come yet I'm sure.
Good luck to all........... especially us though :roll: ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:22 am 
Veteran

Ok, still lots to play for in this division, but will stick my neck out here.
Braehead and Milton look nailed on for promotion, and I applaud their great form this season, two very good sides.
If there are only 3 go up this season, I think it would be an absolute travesty if the third place did not belong to Stirling Uni., even though my loyalties lie elsewhere and hope that we are able to gain promotion, the Uni side are a very talented bunch and would bring something to the table in the Premier League.
Should there be 4 promotion places available this season, it looks to be a dogfight between ourselves Tullibody, Zetland and Loganlea, all still in with a shout. May i wish the best to all the teams involved in the promotion race, and have an injury and suspension free run-in.
This is without doubt a competitive division this season and still at this stage too close to call.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:18 am 
Like's a chat

It really is a tough league to call this year. I think Braehead and Milton are nailed on for promotion and rightly so - 2 most consistent teams by a mile this season. Hard to say who else will go up as no-one seems sure of the structure but having played most of the top teams recently I also think the Uni team are looking pretty strong and maybe midweeks etc will work in their favour. As for relegation - Stirling Boy's Club and anyone else from Loganlea down - its as tight as a sharks a*r*e in the middle of the table and a bad run for anyone could be costly!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 am 
Very Regular

Sitting bored at work and decided to have a look at the table and apart from Braehead winning the division nothing is clear yet.
I know it doesn't look good for SBC but if i'm being honest i really hope they can somehow string a run of results together and get out of it.
I played under the late great Dave McKinnion when i was younger and its still a result i look for on a Saturday.

So if all the top 5 teams as it stands in the division won all there reaming games "and yes i know that isn't possible because there all playing each other"
There points tally's would be

Braehead 61, 7 games to play
AFC Milton 52, 5 games to play
Tullibody Community 47, 7 games to play
Camelon Albion 47, 8 games to play
Stirling University 46, 5 games to play

Everyone in the top 5 are capable of wining all of there reaming games, BUT
Everyone outside the top 5 could also win games against any of the top 5.

Loganlea, a very hard place to get a result especially mid week and although they like to mix it up can also play.
Zetland, still have a chance and with 1 or 2 more wins before now could have been right up there.
Stirling Thistle, have loads of good players and can turn it on.
Slamanan, loads of experience and pass the ball really well.
Dunblane, proved last week they can go anywhere and get a result.
Redbrae, big and physical not a dirty a team and never give up as we found up when we last played them.
Stirling Boys, still a very experienced team at this level and have good players, and i know Colin and Barry wont let them go down without a fight.

So as i said at the start of this novel, still nothing really settled and everything to play for.
This why we love the game.

AFC Milton

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 am 
Veteran

Three good ties tonight ;
Braehead v Stirling Thistle............ Loganlea v Camelon Albion.............. Stirling Uni. v Tullibody..........
Maybe after tonight things will be a little clearer.......... or maybe just serve to muddy the waters even more? Loving every minute of this season, been some cracking games against some very talented sides. Don't really want it to end.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 am 
Expert

AFC MILTON got to agree with your thoughts on the teams further down the league every1 of which if just for that couple of better results would have been challengeing to go to the Premier next season.....As for the Top 5 anything can happen yet and until its impossible for Braehead to be caught I believe Vinny and the guys wont be taken anything for granted as I believe AFC Milton and the rest will be doing the same....Guid Luck to All & Lets Play Football.......................

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 am 
Expert

beese10 wrote:
Three good ties tonight ;
Braehead v Stirling Thistle............ Loganlea v Camelon Albion.............. Stirling Uni. v Tullibody..........
Maybe after tonight things will be a little clearer.......... or maybe just serve to muddy the waters even more? Loving every minute of this season, been some cracking games against some very talented sides. Don't really want it to end.

will be at Braehead game tonight so hoping the rain goes away or it will be off.....should be a crackin game as it always is between these two!!!!

predictions for tonight: Braehead, Loganlea and Stirling Uni to win.................

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 am 
Very Regular

Auldyin wrote:
AFC MILTON got to agree with your thoughts on the teams further down the league every1 of which if just for that couple of better results would have been challengeing to go to the Premier next season.....As for the Top 5 anything can happen yet and until its impossible for Braehead to be caught I believe Vinny and the guys wont be taken anything for granted as I believe AFC Milton and the rest will be doing the same....Guid Luck to All & Lets Play Football.......................

I agree Auldyin,

Its ok for other people to speculate on teams and where they may or may not finish in the league, but like you said we all know that we haven't achieved anything yet.

From a personal point of view im delighted on how our young squad have performed since the turn of the year with only 2 loses to Braehead and Bonnybridge. But still along way to go and we need to keep working hard and showing teams the respect they deserve in last 5 games and hopefully pick up a few wins.

AFC Milton

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 am 
Expert

beese10 posted..........Three good ties tonight ;

Ye these 3 ties in my mind are absolute crackers as the same of the games that are yet to be played in remainder of league keeping the placings very exciting and every1 being hopeful of good results.... Guid Luck to All & Lets Play Football..................

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm 
Regular

It will be very tight, and we at zetland have 6 games left with all 6 games against Loganlea upwards. So I'm sure our results will have a impact on the final table. Think we have dropped to many silly points against teams below us to be competing for promotion but mathematically we still have a chance so I wouldn't count us out just yet. Although i wouldn't bet on who will go up as EVERY one will drop points along the way, not many teams would piece together a 5 6 game winning streak in this league although Braehead have it's a huge Job to emulate that success.

All the best to everyone for the business end of the season!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:07 pm 
Like's a chat

beese10 wrote:
Ok, still lots to play for in this division, but will stick my neck out here.
Braehead and Milton look nailed on for promotion, and I applaud their great form this season, two very good sides.
If there are only 3 go up this season, I think it would be an absolute travesty if the third place did not belong to Stirling Uni., even though my loyalties lie elsewhere and hope that we are able to gain promotion, the Uni side are a very talented bunch and would bring something to the table in the Premier League.
Should there be 4 promotion places available this season, it looks to be a dogfight between ourselves Tullibody, Zetland and Loganlea, all still in with a shout. May i wish the best to all the teams involved in the promotion race, and have an injury and suspension free run-in.
This is without doubt a competitive division this season and still at this stage too close to call.

why would this be a travesty if the uni dont finish 3rd?

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 pm 
Veteran

Tullibody AFC wrote:

why would this be a travesty if the uni dont finish 3rd?

Was written before your win over them m8, just think they are a very talented side, (who can draw from elsewhere obviously), and probably deserve promotion. If its 4 that go up, hope they are fourth.
No dig bud, just an observation.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:17 pm 
Veteran

Well, looks like its Braehead / Milton for the title, with Braehead edging it for me.
3rd and 4th looks hazy, with 5 teams still mathematically capable of making it. Think we can rule ourselves out of the equation though as we would need to win every game left and still hope for favours. The form we are showing at the moment isn't exactly breathtaking. Loganlea also look to have a mammoth task, so that leaves Tullibody and Stirling Uni.
Not giving up yet though........... hoping for a few miracles........... ya never know :roll: :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm 
Very Regular

After our game today back in pub heard Loganlea may be deducted points for ineligible player just a rumour don't know how many points or that or if it is true.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 pm 
Veteran

Spoke to eddie the other night at park hotel, not positive but think its only 1 point.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 am 
Like's a chat

beese10 wrote:
Spoke to eddie the other night at park hotel, not positive but think its only 1 point.

Just to halt the rumour mill Loganlea were cited to appear last Wednesday over an ineligible player - young 19 year old laddie who played for us last season then went back to U19s. He left them at Xmas and told us he had his papers back - not true as it was. We were fined £25 and did NOT lose points as the only game he played was an away defeat to Camelon. I understand this is the league rules as they stand just now (lose the game you do not lose any points) but they are changing next year. Hope this clears it up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 am 
Veteran

0 points, even better m8

Report this post