It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to usaff

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which is pants cause you cant join in. By joining our free forum, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), wind people up, and moan about the refs. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Social Media
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am 
Very Regular

Guys, pleased be advised that any registered player or official is now held to account by the new SAFA constitution regarding social media and code of conduct.
Clubs have all been instructed that before you sign the registration form, you must read them, as it clearly states that by signing the registration form, you will abide by those codes.
As a league, we will be enforcing these as strictly as possible.
I also ask that you refrain from speculation over decisions reached by the league or its members. Those are private matters between the league and any individual or club involved.
Of course, we want debate, but as I have often said, debate is one thing, being critical of people without knowing the facts, is something else all together.
Lets move on, and lets have our best season ever.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Social Media
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 am 
New Guy

Well why don't we put up all the info and let the clubs make up there minds ? Nothing to hide on my side of things

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:16 pm 
Expert

What's the Rules on Pyros and Fireworks? Plenty of bangers aboot.

Is Lateral Movement allowed on the sidelines?

I'm making a tifo for the Kelvinbridge game soon.

Founder of the Kelvinbridge Brake Club 2012 - Mon the Bridge - Bazza's Army

Currently Scouting Vanuatu for Bazza

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:25 pm 
New Guy

'any registered player or official is now held to account by the new SAFA constitution regarding social media and code of conduct' - which is a load of p*sh. basically if we don't like it you will be punished? can we remove the word 'Forum' from the Header of this site or rename it The Scottish Amateur Football Politburo??

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 pm 
Very Regular

Think the rules and regulations are taking it a bit too far do basically we are no longer entitled to an opinion if it doesn't correspond with the consensus !!

We are amateur football players we pay to play not other way round , first it was sock tape and under armours ( btw this colour co ordination is supposed to help aid LINESMEN who like my team very seldom see in amateur football ) now it's your not entitled to an opinion if it's goin to upset someone jeezo better off just shutting this site the now!!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm 
Very Regular

It's not the leagues fault guys, it's coming directly from the top. Bit OTT, I agree, but there is nothing the committee can do about it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:27 pm 
New Guy

no one is blaming the league. the committee are the guys who go to the league meetings who can raise the issues to the beaks!

feels like our corner isn't being defended. the sock tape and under armour is a joke of the highest order! if I was on a committee and was asked to inform my players of this rule I would tell them to get to france!! I heard that a ref checked the PSI of the match balls at a bounce game last night. WTF is that all about?

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:35 pm 
Expert

Django this is getting ridiculous now. The laws of the game are quite simple with regards these issues.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:39 pm 
New Guy

not disputing the simplicity of the rules, just the ridiculousness!! If you can defend them then you are a better person than me!

most teams in this set up are a bunch of guys who just want a game of football! which I feel the fun is getting taken out of it a little bit at a time!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 pm 
Mega-Poster

Django wrote:
no one is blaming the league. the committee are the guys who go to the league meetings who can raise the issues to the beaks!

feels like our corner isn't being defended. the sock tape and under armour is a joke of the highest order! if I was on a committee and was asked to inform my players of this rule I would tell them to get to france!! I heard that a ref checked the PSI of the match balls at a bounce game last night. WTF is that all about?

This is true - I was there!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:13 pm 
Expert

Every ref should receive the match ball in their changing room with the teamlines, match fee etc. This enables them to check the pressure of the ball.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm 
Very Regular

Guys...again, the rules have come from above us, either thru the safa, safa, or with laws of the game, fifa
It does not matter what we as a league think, those rules are in place, and I assure you that John Walker and I were very vocal at the council of the safa, with some of the same concerns as you. The refs come under the same pressure from their bosses too.
The facts are now that the game as a whole is split in two...the professional game, and non-professional game. That is how fifa and uefa now stipulate it should be, as also approved by the McLeish report and one plan.
The amateur game had to accept this, or basically become outlawed...ok, that's the simple version.
As a league exec, we DO NOT WANT to be taking any type of action against anybody over social media, and I will always support and defend the right of us all having an opinion...and nobody at any level wants that to stop, but with the dramatic change in social media, it also cannot be the case that someone can make wild, inaccurate and/or abusive comments without being held to account...lets face it, call your boss an a****ole at work, and more than likely it will have repercussions...are we as officials, players, managers, coaches etc not entitled to some form of protection from ott comments......like I said, we should and must welcome and encourage open debate, but some issues must remain the business of those involved, as their punishments, for want of a better word are recorded within the sfa computer system, and can be affected by the laws of the country...yes I know that is the extreme, but it is fact.
I have said several times, I will discuss anything with anybody, providing the conversation remains relevant, and sensible, and I mean it.
Sometimes doing the jobs our office bearers do really sucks, but we do it to the best of our ability and within the rules and guidelines given us by our governing body...and if we step out of line, we should be dealt with in the same manner...which has been the case for more than 1 exec member in the last 2 years.
I promise you all, we discuss everything, and nothing is swept under the carpet, no matter what you may think.
The day that happens, I think we would all walk away...we make honest decisions to the best of our ability, and totally understand the frustrations you may feel.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 pm 
Expert

I agree there has to be control over social media or things get out of hand quickly. But the under armour rule is an absolute joke as is the sock tape. To hear this new one about ball pressure just takes it too far and will scare people away. Imagine a game not starting cause the ball pressure isn't spot on. Choccy have a word pal. Next it'll be no games on 3G as there's not enough black pellets!!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:40 pm 
Very Regular

Blairdardie_United wrote:
I agree there has to be control over social media or things get out of hand quickly. But the under armour rule is an absolute joke as is the sock tape. To hear this new one about ball pressure just takes it too far and will scare people away. Imagine a game not starting cause the ball pressure isn't spot on. Choccy have a word pal. Next it'll be no games on 3G as there's not enough black pellets!!

Blairdardie, with all due respect, the laws of the game are drawn up by FIFA, not the SAFA or any league. We as referees abide by these laws as directed by FIFA. It doesn't mean we all agree with them, but we all have to abide by them, no matter what it says. With reference to your claim above; there is absolutely no chance this will scare anyone away, as it is one law for all, no matter if you play your games in Bombay or Wemyss bay. The referee has every right to check the pressure of the ball if he wishes, which should actually be the case at the start of every game.

I'm one who thinks the underarmour and tape colour rule is a bit picky. In my opinion, as long as it doesn't clash with an opponents colours, then where is the harm. But as I stated above, my opinion does not matter a jot, as I have a book which details what is right, and what is wrong.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm 
Very Regular

the ball pressure is a joke, lets say for example the pressure of the ball is fine but the ball is a mouldmaster does this mean it is sufficient? TURN IT UP!!!

And for those of you hiding behind the rules are the rules we must abide by them, so many times they pick and choose them, and im not singling out just referees from our league ive watched refs from other leagues do the same for example they will be strict with sock tape etc ( the meaningless crap ) but when it comes to late tackles its a case of " uck son get on with it its amateur footy " does the rulebook go out the window then?

I think refs need to realise it isnt the military and its a sport we all love if the ball feels alright then it probably is !!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:35 am 
Like's a chat

Lady garden Alves wrote:
the ball pressure is a joke, lets say for example the pressure of the ball is fine but the ball is a mouldmaster does this mean it is sufficient? TURN IT UP!!!

No it wouldn't as each club are meant to provide 2 FIFA approved match balls at each game as I'm sure it will tell you somewhere in the league constitution.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:49 am 
Mega-Poster

Alves...ball must be leather...laws of game...getting silly here....rules/laws are there for a reason...most refs apply common sense...personally i am not strict on tape or under armour but it is drummed in from ababove we should be...so if an observer watches me i would get pulled up. Every ref trys to apply same laws of game but what i interperate as a foul the next guy might not...we aint robots.

Queens Park Spiders AFC Sunday Central Premier League

Sponsors
Around Glasgow Glazing
S&D Home Improvements
John Crilley Financial Advisors
Clockwork Brewery (Cathcart)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:45 pm 
Very Regular

again, just to be a pain, the psi of the ball has been a law, there are no rules in football, since the year dot...I did my first refs course in 1978 and it was in place then...so why the hullaballoo now.
Guys, our refs, in fact, no refs make the laws, they get made by the ifb of fifa, which has reps on from all the home nations.....refs just have to apply them, and the most commonly used sentence in the laws of the game is "in the opinion of the referee.
What I will never understand, are people, including so called tv and radio pundits, who criticise refs when they could not do the job themselves, and more so, do not want the grief...but are happy to dish it out.
The under armour issue is one of those things, which no matter what we may think, it is clearly stated in the laws of the game, what is allowed and what is not....god, I can remember when they made shin guards mandatory, as you used to be able to play without them, but how many of you would risk that now.
No matter that we may think it is a daft law, the point is it is, and we mere mortals have to live with that.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
Expert

Cannae believe I agree with Geordie58, theres a first.

Am away for a lay down now.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
Regular

So is it rules or laws?

Some refs aren't so fussy and some are sticklers; most folk will be able to gauge when a ref is assigned to their game; planning tape colour and PSI accordingly, amongst a multitude of other things.

Some refs book for bad tackles, some book for back chat and some even for asking them a question. As mentioned, they're not robots. Managers should be able to give players the lowdown on ref style before KO.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 pm 
New Guy

Here's a question in relation to underarmour.

White strips, no black under armour because it restricts refs vision/view/decision making.

What if a black player rolls his sleeves up? Will he be asked to roll them down?

This is not in any way, shape or form a racist statement, it's a point worth considering on the topic that is quite frankly mind boggling. Also worth noting, some refs are lenient on the whole issue. Seems there's no clarity nor consistency.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:14 pm 
Very Regular

I think you'll find that refs are going to have to clamp down on Under Armour and sock tape.
We are being instructed by our associations and SAFA to ensure these laws are applied.

I've made my views clear on both subjects last year on this forum however as already mentioned refs are NOT law makers they only apply them.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 am 
Mega-Poster

IMO most new rules are a joke as best but there is nothing we can do about it.
Refs are instructed by there superiors to implement them just like us at work.
Might not like it but must comply or no money!!

I made the same point last year about the black player & under Armour and was laughed at!!

New social media rules have now taken most debate off the forum and on PMs on twitter and BBM. If you don't like a decision you have no where to air your gripe or face a ban, which is a shame as it limits open debate. All it does is encourage the fake name brigade further, But again that's the rules which have been set & follow we must.

Squad member Blochairn B
Twitter: @craigbrownshb

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm 
Very Regular

Fp, there are ways to air your gripes.
I will say this again for the last time...I will discuss anything with anybody, anywhere, as long as it is a constructive and not destructive conversation, and would prefer to do so by e-mail, as you can imagine how many phone calls I would get....lol
There are also proper procedures for serious issues, and two clubs were advised how to make an official complaint to SFA.
You must understand that we cannot act against any referee for example, they are not in our jurisdiction, but all players and coaches are. We have over the last 3 seasons also stopped using referee's if required, and will continue to monitor all.
I did not laugh at the under armour comment, and I will try and ask the question at a higher level than us. See, if it gets asked in a sensible way, I will try and get an answer.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:53 pm 
Very Regular

Just to show I am a man of my word, I raised the point with a senior referee.
He agrees that it is a reasonable point to make, but the facts is that under armour comes in a multitude of colours, so it would be impossible to say accept black, or brown or white to accomodate skin tones, and refuse others..
His point being that it is the under armour which causes the issue, not skin, and far from being a racist issue, it is a very valid point, but one that was considered before the law was changed.
Also I think we should remember at our level, it is unlikely that a) all would wear it, and b) we would all buy the same colour and c) we would need at least two sets for change of strip.
That would no doubt not be an issue at the top level of the pro game, they could afford it, but the laws of the game effect us all, from u-14's to the 40's age group still plodding away. So at least as far as the law is concerned, it covers everyone, regardless of level.
See, that's a reasonable debate, with a fair answer

Report this post