It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to usaff

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which is pants cause you cant join in. By joining our free forum, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), wind people up, and moan about the refs. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: New teams.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:02 pm 
Very Regular

Anyone know new teams for next season. Saw on another
Thread St Margaret's in. New team from airdrie. Also does
Anyone know whose leaving. Rumours about thorn to cale
But anyone else???"

Report this post

Post subject: Re: New teams.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:41 pm 
Very Regular

See on another thread Eaglesham going to cale. Can't understand!!!!!
If memory serves me right the B team left for gg league for one season
And couldn't wait to get back. Boys hated it. Hope it's false rumour.
Maybe Neil can come on and let everyone no reason

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:29 pm 
Very Regular

It's going tae be a poor premier next season if it's true eaglesham n thorn r off to calley. Seems safl can't keep hold a teams. How is this?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 pm 
Very Regular

Haldane away to Central. Mid table side who will struggle
In central. Can't fathom out why they are leaving. Don't
Come on and say it's a new challenge, as you are getting
Challenged every week in your league now. Will it attract
Better players???? Don't think so as you have the best in
Your area now. You could be lucky and draw St pats in the
A or B league and it would give yous 2 big games to get
Fired up for. Always enjoyed my Capri suns off mick but
Think your making wrong move

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 pm 
Very Regular

Sally, I don't think standard will be any worse. Unless they bring
5 up to replace 2 bottom and 3 leaving. Most premier 1 teams are
Similar standard to haldane and Eaglesham, with East kilbride
Possibly better in my opinion

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:05 am 
Very Regular

Aww fur **** sake U dnt Hoff spout crap m8. They lost oot on prem table last year on last day season in 1st season in prem ya muppet. R the 3 teams cumin up gona b better? Naw. As a said last wk good luck tae teams leavin

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:09 am 
Very Regular

Away bank yer napper way yer daft sayings on here it's a big loss tae this league n hope your no rite there away

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:26 pm 
Very Regular

box2box wrote:
Haldane away to Central. Mid table side who will struggle
In central. Can't fathom out why they are leaving. Don't
Come on and say it's a new challenge, as you are getting
Challenged every week in your league now. Will it attract
Better players???? Don't think so as you have the best in
Your area now. You could be lucky and draw St pats in the
A or B league and it would give yous 2 big games to get
Fired up for. Always enjoyed my Capri suns off mick but
Think your making wrong move

Ahh the fear of change...

puzzled as to why u can't fathom out why they are leaving

Nothing against safl and good guys like robert jim and jack but teams wanna play the best and refs wanna ref the best. Nowt wrong with change. Gd luck to all involved and SAFL.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:57 pm 
Very Regular

The guy toks oot his farter. Yer losing 3 defo tap 6 teams tae other leagues n replacing them way 3 no gd enuff tae finish tap 2 in prem 1 n thats FACT

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:38 pm 
Very Regular

The safl really need to keep these teams. It seems like the central and the caley are going to have all the best teams from the west of Scotland. They will have to keep looking for new up and coming teams and then try to keep them on board.

If oban or st joes were to leave then the top league would be lacking real quality with the teams rumoured to be leaving.

Teams like ekfc, goldenhill, drumchapel, ferguslie star, motherwell thistle, neilston were all good additions but not of the standard of the teams who have left over the past 3-5 years. Aikenhead, Postal, Greenock, Cambria and now thorn, eaglesham and Haldane.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:16 pm 
Very Regular

A agree james it's no even a premier any mer way the teams leaving/ 5 up fae prem 1 which could be any1 fae the likes a kilbowie n co. How is the safl losing teams but? Hows teams no Leavin calley n cumin here?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:10 pm 
Very Regular

I think the format of the central and caley have made it easier for big teams to join. They only have two divisions where as the safl has technically 4 if you count 1a & 1b as the same league. That's an extra two years for a new young up and coming team to get promotion to the safl top division.
If a young team join at the bottom and are beating teams 8,9,10 nil then players end up leaving for a better challenge. This also leaves weaker teams further up the table such as the premier and as you say if you lose a premier team there not being replaced by another top side. If you look at the safl the ten best teams are not in the top 2 divisions where as in the caley and central the top sides can only be in one of two divisions.

The greater Glasgow league is a great example. Bannerman were running away with titles for years in the prem and broomhouse were hammering div 4 and 3 sides week in week out. If broomhouse had been up there in the prem it would have been a fierce rivalry and added competition. Instead broomhouse left and bannerman have lost half a squad due to lack of competition. Lack of competitiveness in leagues effects national cup performances.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm 
Very Regular

Also well established teams don't want to spend three years getting in to the top division if they are already in caley prem or div1 or in central prem or div.

Some great results in the nationals from lower league teams this season so the safl should still be proud of the set up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:54 pm 
Very Regular

Totally agree m8 ye speak sense. Now wit will probz happen is oban Saint joes n finart will prob move nxt season cos they won't b challenged. Am no lying wen a say that the teams leavin will be mist big time n we aw no it. Except boxy but he toks mince anyhoo

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 am 
Very Regular

People keep banging on about new young teams the safl have brought in to the leagues but the caley and central are bringing those type's of teams in there and also bringing in well established teams. Time for a revamp at the safl and a league reconstruction. Concentrate on a smaller more competitive league structure rather than loads of teams and bringing in more money worth of fees.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 am 
Like's a chat

maybe the guys that run the safl aren't overly concerned about being the best league in the country and want to focus more on maximum participation for all. granted im sure they would like to pride themselves on having a strong league but its amateur football and maybe they take more pride in the bigger picture in having for what I can see, 5 competitive leagues............regardless of the standard of teams that leave. All that generally happen with these teams that leave wether its the caley cos the centrals too hard or they have have a bash at the central cos "we want tae play against the best" is they have a good run for the first couple of seasons as their players are relishing going up against the top teams in the country and as they carry the good momentum they have built up from their success in their previous league - then they start to settle in to mid table/bottom half finishes as its tough going - and if they have any really TOP players - they leave to go to the 4/5 genuine TOP TEAMS as that's all there really is in Scotland, regardless of what league they play in.

Point being - if safl TOP teams want to leave, wish them all the best and let them! They will quickly lose their TOP team status when they do. I cant think of any team ever first starting out as a TOP TEAM, they build up and history seems to suggest the safl is ****-hot at that!(aikenhead, postal, st pats, pollok, Greenock and more recently oban, finnart, st joes, Haldane) there is no reason to suggest that the likes of east Kilbride, goldenhill, ferguslie, motherwell, south camlachie, drumchapel, neilston and Dumbarton wanderers wont progress to the same standard. Safl is still thriving and producing good teams, even if these teams keep leaving - they will be replaced again as there can only be so many top players!!!!!

maybe having 5 good competitive leagues has more importance than being an elitist "top league". Safl is absolutely fine :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:02 pm 
Very Regular

To be honest I have to agree with the majority of what you have said frankybhoy11. Having 5 competitive leagues and having a cracking set up for so called weaker teams to play in is great. That in no way is a sarcastic comment. They do have top teams throughout the leagues but it does give a platform to newer younger teams to progress as a team.

There's no doubt its still a good set up all my point was that it wont attract the top teams because of the structure of the leagues which is true.

Just for example you won't ever see a colville or wellhouse coming to the safl for a change because they would need to play 4 seasons to get to the top league. If they were bored of the central they would go to the caley where they could be in the top division after a year.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:14 pm 
Very Regular

A agree way most a wit has been said m8. Wit a will say tho is that teams leaving don't stop being classed as a top team cos there away. Greenock mite be a mid table team in central but there Prob as Good as if no better than anything we huv in safl. Campsie tae, there classed as a big side, bigger than the safl sides bar miby oban. If ye ask teams who leave they'll say that centrals better ran, playing better teams every week tae. Is safl premier better than 1A or 1B in central? Fair play tae any1 who leaves yano

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:17 pm 
Very Regular

Another hing, the safl dusnae get a look in way the scotland setup or that. Canny tell me there's nae players oor here that could dae a Joab for scotland. Course there's loads but they get patched fur similar players way central teams

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:24 pm 
Like's a chat

I played in the central for the best part of 10 years. 1st with Millbank then with Drum ams. I'm now making my way up the SAFL with Drum Colts. What I will say is the Central Premier is where all the top teams are and where all the top teams want to play. Div 1A and B aren't the best IMO. The truth is teams are leaving because as previous people have said its an easier set up for route into the premier. Playing against top teams week in week out will prob give you a better chance of going further in the majors aswell.

In the SAFL I've not played against all the top sides but top half of the premier there are some right good teams from league and cup results ive seen. Losing teams like haldane and thorn is a big loss. I can only speak for ourselves but Were on our way up and want to be competing at the top of the prem and I'm fairly certain by the time we get there we will be. We train and play out the same location as the drum ams but in no way are we a B team. They have no influence on any players we have. In the Prem 2 weve come up against some good sides and I've no doubt over the next 2-3 seasons they will replace what has left because I think we are not far away from there standard already and weve proven that by beating Haldane already this season. I know 1 game doesnt make a team but it gives you a fair idea of what to expect when your there.

It might not be the best League in the country but I guarantee its one of the most competative.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 pm 
Very Regular

Fair play m8 uv played in other leagues so no wat ur tokin about. But the teams in prem 1 n 2 arent same standard. Getn pumped up n playin a team in prem is always gona Fire uz up so ye canny say beating premier team means ye can match them oor a season. Yes are dain well rite enough but it's going tae be a **** league. The other 3/ joes finart oban will be off soon tae. Then wit? It's like the ggpl or sumfin

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53 am 
Regular

The grass isnae always greener as they say. Eaglesham, thorn n haldane want a new challenege? they canny even win the premier of this league. ye could prob understand postal n aikenhead going to central but look at them noo. prem div cannon fodder. might even end up back doon tae play haldane next year. even castlemilk who are average at best will struggle big time if they get to the cali prem. These teams are getting a good challenge but its no the challenge they thought they were gonnae get

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:19 pm 
Very Regular

What i dont see are teams leaving there league to join the S.A.F.L why ???????

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:27 am 
New Guy

Teams from the top league might be leaving but the likes of dumbarton wanderers have beat a few teams in higher divisions this season and just beat off east kilbride and obviously Bridgewater who are in the quarters of the west so not all bad

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:28 pm 
Very Regular

Rite. This is last time am saying anythin oan this. Don't dare come on n say dumabrton wanderers make the safl a gd place tae. A leage I realy like is gawn doon the tubes n we hav guys cumin on bummin up teams who r dain well in crappy leagues. 3 teams r leavin n it's a pity. **** itttt

Report this post